WSUS failed to sync some of the updates
I came across an issue where I was noticing errors in the SMS_WSUS_SyncUpdates Component. Every time the synchronization ran for windows updates, I would get the following:
SMS WSUS Synchronization failed.
Message: Failed to sync some of the updates.
This typically has to do with the EULA agreement with some updates. This error should clear up at the next synchronization. However in this case it did not.
Trying a reboot of the server, SCCM Services, WSUS did not help. This was happening with a handful of updates.
To resolve this issue:
I also added the network services account to the root of the WSUS folder as it was missing.
Next I ran a wsustuil -reset
I also uninstalled the SUP role, waited about 5 minutes then reinstalled the role. I then kicked off a synchronization which ran a full synchronization again.
I monitored the wsyncmgr.log file to ensure the updates are synchronizing.
It took some time to do the full synchronization but it completed successfully without reproducing the synchronization errors.